Sunday, April 26, 2009

Jewelry Color Inspiration #34

Anyone who knows me also knows that have an obsession for stamping and for JEWELRY! I enjoy participating in other stamping challenges and want to share the fun by offering my own weekly Jewelry Color Inspiration challenge. The challenge will be posted each Sunday and will include a jewelry photo along with the link to the website where I found it.

If you want to play along, simply make a paper project (card, scrapbook page, or 3D item) that includes the colors indicated with the jewelry piece. (If you don't have the exact colors, just use ones that are similar:) Then, submit your creation to me by Saturday, May 2nd at 11:59 P.M. using the Mr. Linky box at the end of this posting. You may also wish to post your photo at Splitcoaststampers.com using the keyword JCI.

Those of you who participate in the challenge will receive recognition the following Sunday...so what are you waiting for...join the fun! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

The fresh look of this "Spring" necklace from SavvyGirl & Company is accented with a silver piece and capped off with Swarovski crystals including mother of pearl, dyed jade and yellow turquoise. I have been visiting Cydney's SavvyGirl & Company blog for a few months now and am always amazed at her beautiful jewelry designs. I am thinking of treating myself one of her pieces for my birthday this summer. Trust me, you will be lost in her lovely designs as you scroll through them.







For my card, I used a the Clean & Simple Fall-to Layout #39 sketch as an inspiration along with this fresh color combination. Since I think this is my new favorite color combination, I also submitted it for the Our Creative Corner color challenge.



Stamps: Very Versatile
Paper: Certainly Celery, Perfect Plum, Going Gray CS, Flock Together DSP
Ink: Perfect Plum
Other: Big Shot, Little Leaves sizzlet, Certainly Celery 5/8" Grosgrain, Crafters Tool Kit




8 comments:

Natasha said...

Wow! This is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Teresa Kline said...

Stacey, your card is stunning, WOW...I luv it. I have missed your challenge the last couple of weeks. I went away to meet the Sweet n Sassy DT and I was creating cards for the Verve release this month. I will get your jewelry challenge completed this week, I promise! big hugs to you, your inspiration is wonderful. *~*

Lesley said...

Stacey,

I just love your card and the piece of jewelry that inspired it! The colours are so soft and pretty! I think I will try to play your challenge! Thanks for the inspiration.

Lesley :)

Rochelle said...

I really like these colors as well! They are so fresh and crisp. I also love your card, it is fresh and crisp too! Thanks!

Caryl P said...

Stacey, I love your work and these jewelry inspirations are great. I'm excited to play along this week--I always mean to but the week sometimes gets away. I'll be back with a creation later!

Anonymous said...

I just had a 'fall off my chair' moment when I saw your card - I absolutely love it. I would never think to die-cut those leaves in lilac - they look so great!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

This is s pretty color combo. I like how you combined it with the Fall To Layout.

Meredith said...

Oh I hope I have time this week for this one...your card is beautiful!!

Meredith