Monday, August 13, 2012

First Day of School - TPE 161

Good Morning and Happy Monday! It's time for a theme challenge from The Pink Elephant, Back to School, TPE 161.
I combined a couple of other challenges for my "Back to School" card. The Color Throwdown #204 worked well with Basic Gray, Poppy Parade, Very Vanilla and Pumpkin Pie, though I did need to add a smidge of green for that cute little bookworm:)
I was also excited to use Jen's August Sketch For You to Try...love all the fun layers and panels that I could add to my card!
Being a teacher, you would think that I have plenty of Back to School stamp sets to choose from, but guess what? I only own ONE, and it's an oldie (but, a goodie). I suppose I need to add some "school" stamps to my collection...let me know of any good ones that you like!
Thanks for stopping by the stage! Head on over to The Pink Elephant to see what the other fabulous designers have whipped up this week...and hope you'll play along:)

Stamps: Back to School (SU) Ink: Basic Gray (SU), Copics Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Very Vanilla, Basic Gray CS, assorted DSP (SU) Other: Big Shot, Apothecary Dies, Chevron Embossing Folder, Corduroy Button, Linen Thread, Spiral Punch (SU) Pin It

9 comments:

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, isn't this adorable!!!! You have used such a cute image and I love the awesome sketch!!!! Thanks for joining us for the color Throwdown Challenge!!!!

LORi said...

This has to be the sweetest BTS card ever! Love working with you good ole friend! ♥LORi

ND (Naomi) said...

You asked about school themed stamps: Close to My Heart has a bunch of great ones. I wish I could attach a photo here. If you do a search for B1407 "School is Here". That's one I found doing a google search. There are a bunch of others. If you pm me, I can give you more details... not that I'm a consultant or anything. I just happen to be a big fan!!!

Stampsnob. said...

Nice crad really well thought out . ..Liis

Janine said...

Such a cute bookworm and lovely sunny colours.

Benzi said...

What a super cute card...love the little bookworm. So glad you joined us at FOSTV this week.

Ravengirl said...

This is cute! I am loving your little bookworm! Thanks for playing along with the Friends of Speedy TV!

stampingbowd said...

Great card! I love the fun colors!!! Cute bookworm too!!! Thanks for joining us this week at FOSTV.

Theresa's Studio said...

Great job on all the challenges and using them in one card. Thanks for joining us at FOSTV for the Back to School theme.